Sunday, July 26, 2015

Teacher Faves #1

I'm excited to join up with Ramona from Ramona Recommends, Layla from Fancy Free in 4th, and Jamie from a Not so Wimpy Teacher for this month's linky party:  Back to School in a Flash!  This week is Camera Roll #1 and we will focus on my Teacher Faves, yay!





Fave #1:  My Planner
In the past two years, I splurged on an Erin Condren planner, and while I loved it there were a lot of unused pages and the size was just a bit too big for my comfort.  This year I decided to opt for a Plum Paper planner, and so far I'm loving it! Here are several pictures & captions explaining why I like it so much!!  (I take terrible phone pics, sorry in advance!)

My two favorite colors, green & pink!  The green is much more vibrant than this picture shows.

Monthly Spread, very similar to EC.

One of my favorite parts is that I got to select what subjects to have pre-typed in the planner and in what order, this little thing will save so much time!  Also, the dates are pre-populated as well.

I opted to add 1 double-sided checklist page to every month.   I have an online gradebook, so I plan to use these for my standards I teach each month to keep track of student progress:  Reading/ELA on front, Math on back.

Parent contact lists, I think I'll have the parents write info on a label, and stick them in here.

I like that my parent communication form is in my binder as well, makes documentation all in one place!

Professional Development page, this may be simple, but I'm soooo glad they've included it!  In my district, we put in all of our hours at the end of the year, and it's hard to remember what dates & for how long we met 10-12 months ago.  This & the parent contact page will be great for documentation at end of year.
A personal goal is to track my fitness better, so I paid a bit extra to have fitness pages put in my planner.  This is the generic page for the whole year (beg / end)

There are 12 of these pages, one per month.

Also 12 of these.

Notes, you can see I've got a few blog posts to think about!

I <3 stickers!!!

Folder.  The only bad part about these is due to the smaller size of the planner, papers would have to be folded before they can fit in here.  You maybe can tell, I tore out my pencil pouch from my old EC planner, put in extra / unused stickers, and placed it in the folder - yay for upcycling!

Size comparison, to my favorite book series.

Thickness comparison.

Fave #2:  Pens, Pencils, and Markers
My name is Amber, and I've got a serious addiction to writing utensils:  especially Flair pens & Sharpies... it's a disease I tell ya.  Here are just the ones I have here at my house, I have at least this many also at school.  I will say in my defense, I never pay full price, I stock up during BTS and other sales to last me all year + some.

Fave #3:  Cowboy girl Boots
My third favorite thing, are my cowgirl boots that I purchased last Spring, I am in LOVE with these boots!  They're super comfortable, go well with jeans and dresses, and the design is cute without being too gaudy.

Fave #4:  Tennessee VOLS
Last, but not least, are my Tennessee Volunteers!  I go to at least 1 football, basketball, and LadyVol game each year, but football is far & away my favorite.  This picture always puts a smile on my face, it's our mascot Smokey (blue-tick hounddog) on a very, very cold day snuggled up in his coonskin cap and orange blanket!  I dare you not to smile at this pic :)


Thanks for stopping by, let me know if you have any questions or if any of these favorites are yours too!







4 comments:

  1. I have always used an Erin planner but I do love the size of your planner! I also love that they preprinted your subjects. I may need to look into this! Thanks for linking up.

    Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, thanks for your comment! I too love the size of this planner, I just think it suits me better. I have stalked your blog for awhile, hehe, and am glad to finally be a contributing member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the size of the planner too! AND more importantly, I love that you used HP to show the scale of it!
    Thanks for linking up.
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tri-hosting the linky party, I appreciate it! I'm also excited that someone else enjoyed my HP comparison, I'm a bit (A LOT) in love with anything Potter related!

      Delete